On November 5th, we announced new features that mark the most significant release in Syncplicity by Axway’s history.
Syncplicity by Axway StorageVaults
Today, Syncplicity by Axway StorageVaults is generally available. StorageVaults give enterprise IT departments utilizing Syncplicity by Axway Enterprise Edition flexible, policy-based, control over where their file data is stored within the Syncplicity by Axway service. All content is not created equal, and different departments have different storage needs. With StorageVaults, content can now be stored in a hybrid cloud consisting of off-premise public cloud storage or on-premise based storage arrays based on user, group, and folder policy.
- Choose the storage solution that meets your needs. StorageVaults can be created using EMC Isilon scale-out NAS, EMC Atmos object storage, EMC VNX/VNXe file/block storage arrays, and EMC VIPR. Prefer another on-premise solution? StorageVaults can use any storage array that can be accessed using NFS3. And of course, you can use the pre-configured Syncplicity by Axway Cloud Storage StorageVault.
- Utilize different storage solutions for different users and groups. StorageVaults allow administrators to set policies that determine where file content should be stored based on users and groups. For example, all of the files from the Legal team, Engineering, Marketing, and other departments can be stored in different locations. And it’s all policy-driven without any end-user configuration requirement and completely transparent to the end user.
- Configure different storage solutions for different content. Even if an organization has policies for content storage based on user groups, there are different types of content that require different storage. With StorageVaults, IT can configure certain folders to utilize different StorageVaults even if the rest of an end user’s files are stored elsewhere. For example, Marketing can create a shared folder for external collaboration of large files such as video, and IT can assign the folder to a specific storage solution like Isilon Storage, which is optimized for large files, even though the rest of marketing’s files are stored in a different StorageVault.
- Comply with data residency and sovereignty requirements. With Syncplicity by Axway StorageVaults, IT can automatically direct user content to storage arrays in different locations based on geographic requirements, even if the user belongs to another group that has a different storage requirement. For example, even though users in a Marketing group might use off-premise cloud storage by default, Marketing users in the “EU Employees” group can be configured to have content stored in an EU-based data center.
Designed for high manageability at enterprise-scale. Enterprises have complex needs and require granular control over large numbers of groups. StorageVaults are assigned to groups using “Storage Sets” – eliminating duplication of policies and controls when creating multiple groups to satisfy different storage requirements.
It is very clear that “the cloud” is the future of enterprise deployments—the advantages associated with faster innovation, reduced IT change management, and reduced operational effort is simply too compelling to pass up. But when it comes to storage, enterprises expect “the cloud” to combine off-premise and on-premise storage because one size simply does not fit all. Syncplicity by Axway StorageVaults give enterprise IT the flexibility and granular control they need to meet their needs, and the needs of their end users.
Want to Learn More?
- View the Syncplicity by Axway Launch Event
- Read about our November 5 launch on our EMC Pulse Blog
- Read our recent take on the future of collaboration in this Spark Blog
- Read the recent news coverage of our launch
Hear all about why Syncplicity by Axway StorageVaults are so critical to enterprise-grade file sync and share.