Securing your company files on end-user mobile devices has always been a top priority and key area of innovation for Syncplicity by Axway, and we are proud of our industry-leading innovations such as on-device encryption, mobile sharing policies, and user- or IT-initiated remote wipe. Today, we are announcing Syncplicity by Axway integration with Good Technology, which adds support for Good Dynamics mobile device management (MDM) capabilities for the Syncplicity by Axway iOS and Android apps.
That’s it in a nutshell. But let’s take a closer look at why this really is BIG news.
As more and more employees use personal mobile devices for work (BYOD), IT faces two major challenges: secure corporate information without reducing the productivity of mobile workers.
With Syncplicity by Axway for Good, enterprise IT administrators can deploy and manage mobile users and their devices from within Good’s Mobile Control, improving management of the BYOD environment. Sensitive corporate data is stored securely on employee devices in a FIPS-compliant (federal information processing standard) container that separates corporate data from an employee’s private information and consumer applications.. Administrators can on and off-board users via Active Directory and configure enterprise mobile policies within the Good Console.
Syncplicity by Axway for Good—iOS and Android—enables easy, secure sharing of corporate data while remaining compliant with IT policies.
- Securely access files with any iOS or Android device
- Protect corporate information in transit and at rest with a FIPS-compliant container using AES 256-bit encryption
- Apply granular application data controls without reducing mobile worker productivity
- Support strong password policies for mobile app access without requiring strong password policies to access the device
- Enforce OS and mobile app version requirements
- Detect jail-broken devices upon application launch
- Prevent data leakage from mobile apps
- Enable remote revocation of app access and remote data wipe
- Separate mobile app data from personal data, respecting user privacy
Syncplicity by Axway for Good on Android is available today at the Google Play store. Syncplicity by Axway for Good on iOS is awaiting Apple approval before it will appear as an option in iTunes, but should be available soon. Stay tuned!
The Syncplicity by Axway Team