Secure enterprise file sharing requires strong administrative controls. Recently, Syncplicity by Axway added two new controls to its admin console, giving administrators more granular configuration options.
Blacklist for Self-Signups Policy
This policy allows Syncplicity by Axway administrators to prohibit self-signup for Syncplicity by Axway accounts with company email addresses. Working with the Syncplicity by Axway Customer Success Team, administrators can use the Blacklist for Self-Signups Policy to:
- Prevent self-signups by restricting email domains and sub-domains
- Exercise greater control in managing Syncplicity by Axway accounts tied to their email domains
- Notify users via Syncplicity by Axway Customer Success about their company’s policy regarding self-sign up accounts
- Provide information on requesting a company provisioned Syncplicity by Axway account
Administrator Access Restriction Policy
It’s crucial to ensure that IT administrator access is never compromised. In its latest release, Syncplicity by Axway has added a new policy that:
- Prevents administrative actions from unapproved IP addresses
- Restricts administrator actions to specific IP addresses, ensuring that system control stays with authorized administrators
New Admin Reports
In addition to policy controls, administrators need visibility into account activity and resource utilization. Two new Syncplicity by Axway reports enable admins to keep track of the types of files users store, sync, and share. Plus, we’ve made it much easier to organize and manage reports.
Storage by File Type
What types of files consume your storage resources?
This report provides enables administrators to:
- See which files are consuming the most storage across three categories: active files, previous file versions, and deleted files
- Filter reports using a specified comma separated list of file type extensions
- Display reports for the entire organization or a single user
- Detect acceptable use violations that may subject the organization to legal or compliance risk
User Storage by File Type
With this report admins can identify file usage patterns by individual user. The report
- Shows which users are consuming the most storage by file type
- Displays total storage consumed and consumption by active files, previous versions, and deleted files
- Supports adherence to acceptable use policies
- Enables more efficient use of network bandwidth and storage resources
With Syncplicity by Axway’s reporting folders policy, admins can keep reports organized while controlling access to report information. Now admins can:
- Automatically place each report type in its own folder
- Establish sharing permissions for folders to protect sensitive information
- Enable report folders to be synced to any device
- Quickly review, change, or expire policies through the admin console
Login to Syncplicity by Axway, try them out and let us know what you think!