Today, we are announcing significant enhancements to EMC Syncplicity by Axway—the largest release in Syncplicity by Axway history coming off a year of significant innovation. The new features coming out of Syncplicity by Axway combine unprecedented security controls, storage options with the most advanced user experience both on the desktop and mobile device.
The way enterprise employee’s work has changed in the last several years with the introduction of the iPhone. Since that introduction, the rate of adoption and innovation on mobile devices has led to a new type of workforce – the mobile workforce and the consumerization of IT. Employees now demand, access anywhere, anytime and on any device. EMC Syncplicity by Axway has new innovative advancements across:
- Frictionless User Experience
- Security & Manageability
- Storage Choice
FRICTIONLESS USER EXPERIENCE
Users want easy access to digital assets at anytime and regardless of type of device. In essence, they want to be able to seamlessly move between their laptop and mobile devices without disruption. With our new features, we are transforming the user experience and making collaboration across devices, file stores and between teams easy. Today, we are announcing EMC Isilon MobileIQ (Powered by Syncplicity by Axway), completely re-designed mobile apps for iPad and Android, and updates to our Windows Desktop.
Next Generation Home Directory Access – EMC Isilon MobileIQ
EMC Isilon MobileIQ powered by Syncplicity by Axway gives users mobile access to home directories and files shares. Users will now be able to access their Isilon-based home directories and fileshares from their Syncplicity by Axway mobile app, with or without an EMC Syncplicity by Axway account. The MobileIQ feature offers direct mobile access to Isilon file shares, simple implementation, and flexible deployment options. In the future, EMC will extend this feature to additional storage solutions.
- In-place access that requires no data migration and no files in the cloud
- One mobile app for all user content
- Easy set-up with or without Syncplicity by Axway
EMC Isilon MobileIQ will be available in Q4.
Completely Re-designed Mobile Apps
Our new mobile apps for iPad and Android demonstrate that beautiful user experiences are not just for consumer apps. The new Syncplicity by Axway mobile apps provide unprecedented ability to access, organize, and edit files securely on a user’s mobile device of choice.
- A completely re-designed, modern user interface that creates the most delightful mobile experience in the industry. Our new mobile experience is immersive and highly social.
- Secure Mobile Editing of documents without leaving the Syncplicity by Axway secure file system.
- File management innovations give users the ability to go beyond simple file access and more easily and efficiently navigate folder structures, create folders, and manage file locations. We’ve changed the file navigation approach to completely re-think the notion of a “breadcrumb”.
- Shared Link Tracking uses the power of the mobile platform to give users unprecedented visibility into file sharing, including a new visual capability that shows a user the location of every file download along with an activity log of how other users are accessing files that have been shared with them.
- Syncplicity by Axway Insights™ engage end users and use contextual information and Big Data from activity logs to improve the user experience and improve user efficiency. With the newly designed Syncplicity by Axway apps for iOS and Android, users are empowered with features that make sharing seamless, gives collaborators behavioral data on how users are accessing files, while also providing push notifications to drive engagement.
New Mobile Apps for iPad and Android will available to all users in the iTunes and Google Play app stores in December 2013.
SECURITY AND MANAGEABILITY
We are announcing new features for advanced security and manageability.
Group Level Policy Control
Administrators can now create “policy sets” of all Syncplicity by Axway controls that can be applied to groups. This way, different policies for sharing, security, desktop, web and mobile can be applied to different user groups like marketing and engineering. And unlike other solutions with rigid group policy models, Syncplicity by Axway policy sets are “ranked” so the system knows which policy to apply to a user that exists in multiple groups.
Group Level Policies are available immediately for Business Edition and Enterprise Edition customers.
Users can also leverage rights management controls, delivering maximum protection of shared content at the file level and unauthorized access or display, so IT never loses control of the files.
Users can also leverage rights management controls, delivering maximum protection of shared content at the file level and against unauthorized access or display, so IT never loses control of the file. There are several levels of permissions that can be set on the file.
- Read/Write Permission
- Copy Permission
- Print Permission
- Offline Access Permission
- Screen Capture Permission
- Location-based Restrictions (White and Black list locations)
Many solutions for security can be cumbersome for the user and recipient, but Syncplicity by Axway delivers a seamless user experience for creation and accessing files. It further expands the continuum of protection Syncplicity by Axway provides on files.
Right management controls is available for Enterprise Edition customers (only) in a Controlled Preview in Q4 with pricing and availability announced in 1H 2014.
Enterprises want the flexibility and convenience of the cloud, but when it comes to file storage sometimes the cloud isn't the right place for all their content. Whether it is for security, internal compliance, industry compliance or data residency/sovereignty reasons, enterprises want to be able to choose where files are stored. But without hassles.
Syncplicity by Axway StorageVaults
Newly announced Syncplicity by Axway StorageVaults make storage simple and policy-driven, so organizations and users don’t have to sacrifice convenience for compliance. With StorageVaults IT departments have more control and flexibility around where their data is stored – using a policy-driven hybrid model to store content in a public cloud or private cloud on-premise — based on user, group, folder file or content types. Used in conjunction with Group Policies, enterprise IT has unprecedented levels of security and control, while remaining transparent to the user.
With Syncplicity by Axway StorageVaults enterprise customers can:
- Easily comply with data residency / sovereignty requirements
- Apply appropriate security and control for by content type using Group Policies. Set policies at the user, group or folder level. And, tiered policy sets allow organization to maintain maximum control, for example, marketing content can be stored in the public cloud, but EU users' files can be stored using a different array in the EU).
- Leverage EMC Isilon, EMC Atmos, EMC VNX/VNXe storage arrays, EMC VIPR, or third-party storage solutions (utilizing NFS3) for unparalleled flexibility.
Syncplicity by Axway StorageVaults will be generally available (for Enterprise Edition customers only) in Q4 2013.
Syncplicity by Axway is transforming Enterprise File Sync and Share and this announcement further emphasizes our commitment to innovation around user experience, security and storage choice. In July, we were named a leader in the Forrester's Wave: File Sync and Platform Share 2013. We are excited to be leading the market and providing our customers with the not just new innovations, but an enterprise-level solution for file sync and share.
To watch the Live Webcast where our executive teams unveils the new features and has live demos click here.